Pacquiao Should Stop Dragging Boxers Down in Weight

Labels:

I am a big fan of Manny Pacquiao. But I wish he would stop demanding boxers come down from their natural weight. What gives Pacquiao the right to demand boxers lose extra weight than what they are comfortable losing. Of course, this gives Pacquiao a big advantage. His opponent is likely to be weak after pushing his body to extreme limits to make the weight limit. At this level, every pound makes a massive difference. As I say, I’m a huge fan of ‘Pac-Man’, but I wish he would fight at a weight limit, whether it’s lightweight, light welterweight or welterweight, I don’t care.


Just to be clear, this problem did not effect the Hatton fight. Pacquiao fought Hatton at light welterweight and shown his superior skills and talent by knocking Hatton out in the second round. This is what I want to see Pacquiao do, boxing at a weight limit. Weight limits are there for a reason. They prevent boxers getting seriously injured. When I heard Pacquiao was fighting Oscar De La Hoya, I instantly knew Oscar could not win. He simply could not make that weight limit and fight as he could at light middleweight. When a boxer fights in that condition he doesn’t stand a chance. Even at the weigh in, you only had to take one look at Oscar to decide who was going to be victorious the following day. He looked awful.
Read More...


Source: www.boxingnews24.com
By: Liam Santiago

0 comments:

Post a Comment